Rewards & Recognition
In adherence to the provisions under Memorandum Circular No. 01, s. 2001 issued by the Civil Service Commission (CSC) PRAISE Program and pursuant to Department of Education (DepEd) Order No. 9, s. 2002 titled Establishing the Program on Awards and Incentives for Service Excellence (PRAISE) in the Department of Education, the DepEd Regional Office VII commits itself to recognize the laudable efforts and outstanding accomplishments of teaching, teaching-related, non-teaching personnel and 3rd level officials. It recognizes also the exemplary performance of the Schools and Schools Division Offices. For this reason, DepEd RO VII has conceptualized an awarding mechanism dubbed as “DepEd RO VII PASIDUNGOG”.
DepEd RO VII PASIDUNGOG is an annual rewards and incentive program to deserving individuals and groups who displayed sustained testimony in setting aside personal interests and gains for the benefit of the learners, imbued with tireless pursuit for excellence in their endeavor/ s and dedicate their lives in public service which eventually contribute to the meaningful achievement of the mission, vision and goals of DepEd. It translates the Department’s ultimate goal of encouraging, recognizing, and rewarding employees, individually or in groups, for their innovative contributions, inventions, discoveries, superior accomplishments, heroic deeds, exemplary behavior, extraordinary acts or services in the public interest and other personal efforts contributing to efficiency, economy and improvement in government operations which lead to organizational productivity.
Anent to its desire of taking the full responsibility in implementing the welfare and benefit programs in the regional and division offices to include the granting of awards and incentives to teachers/ employees who have rendered meritorious services or excellent performance, as provided for in the CSC PRAISE program, the Regional Office VII has responded to the call of organizing a committee to formulate and establish internal rules, policies and procedures to govern the conduct of activities which shall incorporate the guidelines in evaluating the nominees and the mechanism in recognizing the awardees. This policy shall cover all the personnel of the regional office, schools division offices (SDOs), and schools. Searches in all categories shall be open to all personnel regardless of age, gender or sexual orientation, religious affiliation, ability or disability, and ethnicity or cultural background.
To have a unified direction in the implementation of CSC PRAISE programs across levels, the DepEd RO VII PASIDUNGOG shall be adopted by the nineteen ( 19) schools divisions under DepEd Region VII.
- To recognize and reward teaching, teaching-related employees and 3rd level officials for their outstanding contributions and accomplishment in the government service.
- To acknowledge significant contributions of non-teaching personnel and project or program implementers in the promotion of dedication, commitment to the service and unwave1ing support as effective support staff in achieving excellence;
- To foster creativity, innovation, efficiency, integrity, professionalism and service for excellence among employees;
- To encourage and inspire employees to work for the enhancement of reputation and image of the Department;
- To establish pool of nominees for higher level search/recognition.